In todays digital age, it is critical having multiple ways for your customers to reach out to your business. For moving companies, leveraging the power of SEO can create a robust online to bring in organic leads and reduce the reliance on brokers. Here is how moving companies can harness the power of SEO to build a relationship with customers.
The days of paying extravagant broker fees are over thanks to SEO and organic outreach.
What is SEO for moving companies?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for moving companies involves tailoring your business online presence to improve business visibility in search results. This includes optimizing their websites with relevant keywords (such as “moving services,” “professional movers,” or “best moving company in [location]”), ensuring their site structure is easy for search engines to understand, and creating quality content that provides value to potential customers.
Local SEO is particularly crucial for moving companies, as they typically operate within specific geographic areas. This involves optimizing their online presence to appear in local search results and on map services, which can drive significant local and highly targeted traffic to their business. Essentially, SEO for moving companies is about making it as easy as possible for potential customers to find them when they search online for moving services.
How can SEO help me rely less on Brokers?
SEO can enable moving companies to rely less on brokers by enhancing their visibility and direct reach to customers. By optimizing their websites and online content for search engines, moving companies can rank higher in search results, making it easier for potential customers to find them directly rather than through a third-party broker.
This not only increases the chances of securing business directly from the customer but also allows the moving company to have complete control over the customer relationship from the start. In this way, SEO can help moving companies reduce their dependence on brokers, potentially saving them money on broker fees and enabling them to build more direct, meaningful relationships with their customer
3 Tips To Improve Your Moving Company SEO
Google Business Profile
Formally known as the Google My Business. It is still a crucial tool for your business that will help you win the battle of SEO vs Brokers. Fill out the profile completely.
- Business name
- Business Category
- contact information
- business hours.
- Profile Photo and logos
- Extra points for creating post and offers.
Optimize Your Website
- URL. Your URL Should be easy to remember and write out. For example Reliablemovers.com will rank better than johnnysreliablemovingandstorage.biz URL’s should Include a main keyword such as Moving, movers, move and should not be longer than 2-3 words max.
- We recommend to always try and get a .com domain extension as people are still getting used to using .biz, .co, .shop and can create confusion when looking for your company.
- Website page title. Make sure your page title includes your main service and your service location. Your Title will display on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) and where your customers will get a glance on what you offer. “Best movers in [Area] or Affordable Movers in [area]” are good page titles that help your customers find you on google.
- Use https://gtmetrix.com/ and https://pagespeed.web.dev/ to make sure your website is loading fast and your customers are not leaving before the page fully loads. Your website should load 3 seconds of faster.
- Contact information is easy to read and call buttons are clickable.
This is a wider topic that will be cover throughout our movers.gg blog post. However these are crucial steps you can take today to make sure your website is on the right track.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free tool provided by Google that helps website owners, SEO professionals, and webmasters monitor and optimize their website’s presence in Google search results. It provides valuable insights into how Google’s search engine sees your website, which can inform your SEO efforts. Three key metrics you can access through Google Search Console include:
- Clicks: This shows the number of times users clicked on your website in the search results, giving you an idea of how much traffic you’re receiving from Google search.
- Impressions: This measures how often your website appears in search results when users search for keywords relevant to your site. This can help you understand your site’s visibility in search results.
- Position: The “Position” metric in Google Search Console refers to the average ranking of your website for all its keywords in search results. This crucial metric helps you understand where your site typically appears in search results. If the average position is high (i.e., closer to 1), it means that your website ranks well for its target keywords. On the other hand, a lower average position could indicate a need for improved SEO efforts to enhance your site’s visibility in search engine results.
The evolution of the moving industry from reliance on brokers to embracing SEO presents a transformative opportunity. As digital presence becomes increasingly important, moving companies must adapt by investing in SEO to improve their visibility, reach, and customer engagement.
SEO does not merely mean appearing in search results; it is a comprehensive strategy involving website optimization, keyword usage, quality content creation, local SEO, and constant monitoring and improvement through tools like Google Search Console. SEO provides moving companies with the autonomy to reach their customers directly, reducing their reliance on brokers, and potentially saving them from broker fees.